Thursday 19 May 2016

May 19 - rolling MCD, another SPY straddle and diagonal in AAPL

Rolled my May MCD puts into June.  I was happy with the execution even though everything else with this play went the wrong way.  I'm +delta on MCD so unfortunately if the MCD does go up, IV will go down along with it.  The May/June 125 put spread is ~$2.20.  If I can get half of that this time next month with my setup, I'll it'll be quite a recovery.

I sold another SPY straddle with a different expiration.  So right now, I have SPY straddles that expire on June 10 and 17 and a QQQ straddle that expires June 3.  I intend to keep writing these with differing expirations to spread out the risk.

I bought a diagnoal in AAPL today as well (June 92.5P/July 95P).  IV is very low and I'm just looking for a quick downward which will help the vertical part of the diagonal as well as the +vega component of the spread.  All with +theta as well.  So hopefully it'll hit the front-month strike in the next 4 weeks when I can take a profit.


No comments:

Post a Comment