Monday 6 June 2016

June 6 - Bunch of rolls

Today was a roll day.

X
X had a nice move up today.  I closed the June 14.5 puts by buying back at $0.28 for a nice profit of $0.71 (initial debit of $0.99).  I rolled up and out by selling July 15 puts for $1.05.  I'm still fairly bullish on X which is in line with my bearish view on the USD.

MCD
Rolled down the short June 130 puts to to 122.  My weighted-average short strikes in June is $122.90.  Even though this number is above the current stock price, my overall delta is still negative (for now).  Delta will flip once we get closer to expiry if we stay here.  I'd just like MCD to meander between $122-123 here on in with a bias to the downside since I essentially have a bunch of diagonals with my long July 130 puts.  MCD has been a disaster the past month or so for me, but if we can stay at this level for the next two weeks, all will be good.

SPY
I had a June(10) short straddle at 203...ouch!  I rolled into an inverted strangle by selling 210 puts while taking off the 203 puts for a cup of coffee (Tim's--not Starbucks).  I'm still -delta on the SPY, but figure this run has to end some time...doesn't it?  Doesn't it? :)  At least my core portfolio is doing well!

GOOGL
Didn't do anything with GOOGL today, but it hasn't looked good the past few trading days.  I'm holding the ripcord and may have to pull tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment